Okay, I didn’t totally abandon this blog. I have thought about it a whole lot and isn’t it, like, the thought that counts?
Yeah, yeah, that’s not going to cut it. I know. So, here’s the deal on why I’ve been MIA for so long. Part of it, anyway.
1) I hate the internet a little bit lately. Assholes are shaming others for DARING to critique video games while female, or insulting trans people, or just being all out dicks about stuff that shouldn’t bother them in the least. When surfing the net makes me that mad or depressed, I steer clear of the computer altogether.
2) Speaking of computers, mine is dying. A lot of websites make it freeze up… Including mine. Do you know how depressing it is to pull up my own website and watch it totally kill my computer? Or to write part of a post just to have the browser crash and erase everything I wrote? I need a new computer, stat, but I haven’t had the money to get one. Which actually brings me to my next point.
3) The “no money” thing? Yeah, I got tired of that and got myself another job. That means I’m working three part time jobs. It’s a bit of an adjustment, and blogging has taken a backseat to stuff that actually pays the bills.
4) There’s family drama, too. I won’t give you the details because holy shit why is there so much drama.
5) Due to something I alluded to in my first point above (I refuse to namecheck that bullshit), I have almost entirely lost interest in video games. I don’t make money from playing or discussing games. Why the hell should I put myself out there just to give internet trolls an excuse to dogpile me? No, thank you. Although, I really should get around to playing the copy of Dragon Age: Inquisition that Hubbs got me for Christmas…
I think that about covers it. You’re probably bored to tears by this point, so here’s a silly picture of me and my rescue cat, Crybaby.
Thank you for reading this far. You are a saint and an angel and I love you and I wish I could send you a cookie.